Busy lives and schedules can make it difficult to attend a classroom safety training session. Therefore, online driver safety training is a very convenient and simple option to help fulfill safety training needs.
After a business has established an account with NECSC, a simple login from most any electronic device is all that will be required to complete an online safety training session.
Approximately 25 – 30 minutes of the driver’s time is all that will be needed for online safety training sessions and any new hire will have to complete the initial New Hire Safety Training Overview session prior to being enrolled in regular online training sessions.
What's Included in Driver Safety Training
Each online training session is done by someone who is certified and who has first-hand experience in the industry. Discussions will be based upon and include:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Rules and Regulations
- Defensive driving techniques
- Necessary driving skills
- The latest information in the industry
- Common-sense field advice to help drivers with the routines and issues they face in their everyday work day - all focused around safety
- Information with regards to what can transpire litigiously from a bad event
Throughout each session, drivers may be asked questions that they must answer successfully about the information being presented. At the end of the session, there is a quick topic review with questions that must be answered.
Once the student has successfully completed the entire session and questions, the session is documented, and a report is sent to the participant’s company for confirmation of their driver’s participation and completion of that safety training session.
A certificate of completion is also available for the driver to download or print.
This online training can be used for all commercial vehicle drivers, including van delivery drivers. Additional online training for problematic areas and refresher purposes is also available.
Monthly online safety training sessions for each topic will be available the first day of each month until the end of that month. At the end of that month, that safety training session will no longer be available and only a new, current one will be available for that month.
Tina is very knowledgeable and well spoken. Does her research so she has all the info that she needs before proceeding. A very well-liked individual by many that she comes in contact with. I had the pleasure of working with her for years and really enjoyed being around her as did most people I know.
Ready to Start Your Training?
Safety Training Topics
(subject to updating as industry standards or needs require)
- Accident Reporting
- Annual Review
- Blind Spots
- Cargo Securement
- Changing Lanes
- Changing Seasons & Conditions - (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Chargeable Accidents
- Construction Zones
- Defensive Driving
- Distracted Driving - focus on electronic devices, cell phones/texting
- Driver Fatigue
- Driver Fitness
- Driver Qualification
- Drug & Alcohol Testing (Pre-employment & Random)
- Emergency Maneuvers
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Following & Stopping Distances
- Hazardous Materials
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Know Your ‘Work Area’ (on the road & in the yard)
- Loading and Unloading
- Log Books/ELD's
- Navigating Intersections
- Nighttime Driving
- Notifications to Employer (status change of CDL, Medical Card, Violations)
- Preventable Accidents
- Roadside Inspections
- Seat Belts
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Speed & Its Effects
- Traffic Situations
- New Hire Safety Training Overview