Classroom training is a very valuable resource for driver safety training and allows for an interactive exchange of information among peers.
Each classroom training session is conducted by someone who is certified and who has first-hand experience in the industry. Discussions will be based upon and include:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Rules and Regulations
- Defensive driving techniques
- Necessary driving skills
- The latest information in the industry
- Common-sense field advice to help drivers with the routines and issues they face in their everyday work day - all focused around safety
- Information with regards to what can transpire litigiously from a bad event
Each NECSC classroom safety training class will run approximately 25 – 30 minutes.
PowerPoint presentations, videos, handouts, and problem-solving situations will be presented in an interesting and interactive way. Driver participation will be highly encouraged.
This training can be used for all commercial vehicle drivers, including van delivery drivers. Additional training for problematic areas and refresher purposes is also available.
At the end of the training session, a quiz will be given, and a certificate of completion will be given to each driver who acquires a passing grade.
Attendance is documented by a required signature sign-in sheet, made available to the client thereafter.
Classroom sessions are held at a venue of the client’s choice and can be conducted monthly, quarterly or bi-annually, with recurring dates at approximately the same time each month, quarter or bi-annual time frame.
Any new hire will have to complete the initial New Hire Safety Training Overview session prior to attending any classroom sessions.
Tina has shown knowledge in Safety, OSHA and DOT enforcement and education. She has been helpful to me on a personal level with this knowledge and would be an excellent asset to be an adviser in these manners.
Safety Training Topics
(subject to updating as industry standards or needs require)
- Accident Reporting
- Annual Review
- Blind Spots
- Cargo Securement
- Changing Lanes
- Changing Seasons & Conditions - (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall)
- Chargeable Accidents
- Construction Zones
- Defensive Driving
- Distracted Driving - focus on electronic devices, cell phones/texting
- Driver Fatigue
- Driver Fitness
- Driver Qualification
- Drug & Alcohol Testing (Pre-employment & Random)
- Emergency Maneuvers
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Following & Stopping Distances
- Hazardous Materials
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Know Your ‘Work Area’ (on the road & in the yard)
- Loading and Unloading
- Log Books/ELD's
- Navigating Intersections
- Nighttime Driving
- Notifications to Employer (status change of CDL, Medical Card, Violations)
- Preventable Accidents
- Roadside Inspections
- Seat Belts
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Speed & Its Effects
- Traffic Situations
- New Hire Safety Training Overview